So the AP and Coaches Poll didn’t completely mess things up this week. *looks at the CFP Committee* don’t mess up tonight. But we still have our weekly Group of Five Top 10 Poll.
- UCF- Well the Knights had a tough game against Bye Week University this week, and like past weeks with other schools who played BWU, they moved up in the AP Poll. They haven’t done anything to deserve being dropped
- Fresno State- In three weeks the Bulldogs have gone from “Others Receiving Votes” to 3rd, and now they are in second place. They blew out a Hawaii team that has six wins. Right before halftime, Jamire Jordan took a missed Hawaii field goal 100 yards to the house.
- Utah State- The Aggies dropped 28 points in the first quarter, 24 in the second against New Mexico… nuff said. Don’t be mad, they finished just behind Fresno in the voting.
- Houston- The Cougars did exactly what I thought they would do; expose a USF team who had no business being undefeated. I had Houston at three, but hey, this isn’t my poll. Well, it is, but… *sigh* whatever.
- Georgia Southern- The Eagles really G.A.T.A. (change “Get” to “Got”… work with me here). They had Appalachian State’s number from the jump. I watched the game on the bus ride to Tallahassee, and Paulson was jumping. It’s only a matter of time before we will see Georgia Southern in the AP Poll.
- Cincinnati- Cincy just had to lose to Temple in week nine, didn’t they? They didn’t look all that impressive against SMU either, as they needed a late regulation FG and a walk-off pick-six in OT to beat the Mustangs. Their trip to Orlando might not be as close as I once thought.
- UAB- I have no doubt in my mind that if they beat Coastal Carolina they’d be in the top two. The defense shutout their third opponent this year. Sure it was UTEP, but it’s the same Miners team that nearly beat La Tech. Next up for the Blazers is a home game against UTSA.
- USF- How are they still in the top 10? They got exposed by Houston. USF was barely undefeated, escaping from Illinois, ECU, Tulsa, and UConn is not a good look. It was only a matter of time before someone exposed them. Maybe my voters haven’t seen them? Anyway…
- Appalachian State- Sun Belt and ranked teams don’t mix well… Troy lost on a Thursday a week after being ranked, so it was only right for App State to do the same thing against Georgia Southern.
- Army- Three straight bowl games for the first time in school history. What Jeff Monken has done for this program is amazing. If Army wins this week against Air Force, I think they’ll jump to the 6-8 range.
Others Receiving Votes
Buffalo, Boise State, Troy, San Diego State, FIU, UNT, Marshall, La Tech
Miami (OH) vs. Buffalo: 8:00 pm ET on ESPN 2
Ohio vs. Western Michigan: 7:00 pm ET on ESPNU
Temple vs. UCF: 7:30 pm ET on ESPN
Air Force vs. Army: Noon ET on CBSSN
Georgia Southern vs. ULM: 3:00 pm ET on ESPN 3
Louisana vs. Troy: 3:30 pm ET on ESPN+
Louisana Tech vs. Mississppi State: 7:30 pm ET on SEC Network