Sorry, it’s late… college life.
So the AP and Coaches Poll did ok this week if you ignore the fact that UCF dropped two slots after a double-digit win. The CFP committee on the other hand… Y’all messed up big time. While we don’t have an effect on the outcome of the three major polls, we have our own poll.
- UCF- The Knights hold firm at number one, they let Temple hang around, but they still won by 12 points and beat the spread, no reason to drop them just yet.
- Fresno State- The Bulldogs have their toughest test of the season on Friday night at Boise State. Last week they had another dominating performance against UNLV. Their defense has only given up one score in four out of the last five games.
- Utah State- Hey CFP committee, why aren’t the Aggies ranked? They are putting up video game-like numbers. As Birdman once said: “Put some respeck” on the Aggies. For the second straight week, I had Utah State at two and Fresno at three, but I don’t control everyone else’s vote.
- UAB- DEFFENSE *clap clap* DEFENSE *clap clap* DEFENSE *clap clap* DEF… oh I’m the only one still going… awkward. This Blazer team is something special. In their second season back from the dead, they are sitting at 8-1. Their defense has only given up seven points in the second half in C-USA play.
- Cincinnati- Cincy… Y’all didn’t have to do that to Navy, but I’m not complaining. They shut Navy out, the Mids do not get shut out often, the last time it happened was 2012. The Bearcats have USF at home this week, they should be able to kill the Bulls.
- Buffalo- Speaking of Bulls. How Buffalo is ahead of Army, I don’t know, but hey, it’s not my poll. Well technically it is, but it isn’t, but it is, ughhhh.
- Troy- Welcome back Troy, I missed you. The Trojans took a little hiatus, but they are back and I don’t think they’ll be leaving anytime soon.
- Army- Army should be sixth. The Forgotten 5 voters don’t feel the same way as they are clearly slotted in eighth place. They just clinched their second straight Commander-in-Chief Trophy for the first time in Academy history. Monken’s Men are on fire and might drop 70 on Lafayette this week.
- Boise State- Boise makes a re-appearance in the polls just in time to face off with Fresno State on Friday night.
- Houston- Houston… I believed in you and then you ripped my heart out against SMU. I had the Cougars slotted 12th, with App St. and SDSU ahead of them.
Others Receiving Votes
Appalachian State, San Diego State, UNT, USF, Middle Tennessee, La Tech, Georgia Southern, Marshall
Fresno State vs. Boise State: 10:15 PM ET on ESPN
Troy vs. Georgia Southern: 1 PM ET on ESPN +
USF vs. Cincinnati: 7 PM ET on ESPNU