Oh boy, we had a shake up this week. UCF’s loss to Tulsa changed everything.
Like every week, the site staff voted for the top ten.
- SMU (last week #4) – The new number one in all of the land is the fighting Sonny Dykes’. They faced off against #25 Memphis in an extremely tight game that shouldn’t have been. SMU jumped out to a 24-3 lead and then Memphis came all the way back to tie it at 27. Memphis QB Brady White had a costly fumble late that led to an SMU field goal to win the game.
- Cincinnati (last week #2) – Personally, I had Cincy dropping but the staff said otherwise. They beat USF but didn’t look impressive. Desmond Ridder still doesn’t look good. He had two TDs to three interceptions against a spotty Bulls defense. The Bearcats better pick it up if they want to have a legit shot at an NY6 Bowl or a CFP spot.
- Louisiana (last week #3) – The Ragin Cajuns were off this past week. They are playing in our game of the week this week against our #4 team.
- Coastal Carolina (last week NR) – This is a little high for my liking but I understand the hype. The Chanticleers have a stud at QB in Grayson McCall. The redshirt freshman has been balling so far to the tune of 9 passing touchdowns and only one pick. They also have a stud at running back in CJ Marble. They are a fun team to watch.
- Army (last week #5) – A 55-23 win over an FCS opponent is what should happen if you’re Army, but what made it impressive is back up QB Jemel Jones who came in and had a passing TD and two on the ground. Plebe slotback Tyrell Robinson continued to impress with his performance where he averaged 18 yards per carry.
- UCF (last week #1) – Losing to Tulsa will drop you. It was a tough game for the Knights against a team that seems to have their number. The 21 game home win streak was snapped by the team who gave them their last home loss. Undisciplined play continues to be a common theme for this team as they had 18 penalties against the Golden Hurricane.
- UAB (last week #10) – Bryson Lucero looked good while also looking shaky. The QB had three touchdowns but also had three picks in their 21-13 win over UTSA. The Blazers could be a fun team to watch as the season progresses.
- Memphis (last week #5) – When you lose you fall big time. I recapped the game already, just scroll to #1 if you missed it.
- Appalachian State (last week #7) – The Mountaineers were off last week and will be off again this week.
- Marshall (last week #8) – Marshall had their game against Rice postponed but will be back in action this week against Western Kentucky. Grant Wells is fun to watch so you should watch him.
Game of the Week: Coastal Carolina vs. Louisiana – 12:00 pm est. on ESPN 2